Education – General Information
Commitment to Education
Education is at the heart of The Magic House’s mission. The museum offers a variety of hands-on experiences that encourage students of all ages to become 21st century lifelong learners.
Reservations are required for all field trips, outreach programs and professional development workshops. For further information or to make a reservation, please contact the Education Department: email@example.com.
School Field Trips
Students from all over our community participate in guided field trip tours at the museum each year. The museum’s educators, all certified teachers, facilitate experiences that support basic core academics as well as creative problem solving, communication and critical thinking
• Field trips are offered throughout the school year, Tuesday through Friday.
• They may also be scheduled on select Mondays during December.
• Regular field trip admission is $5.75 per person for students and adults.
• One teacher per classroom is admitted free of charge.
• A minimum of one adult chaperone is required for every five students.
The Magic House can come to you! More than 25,000 students every year participate in Magic House programs in their own schools, libraries, camps, hospitals and child-care facilities. Our own educators travel in the museum’s vans to deliver hands-on learning right to your door!
• Outreach programs are offered throughout the year, including summer.
• Rates are determined by the program selection and number of sessions presented.
Professional Development Workshops
Teachers can be students, too! The Magic House presents learning opportunities for educators that introduce museum exhibits and programs, provide classroom resources and offer experiences for professional growth. Rates are determined by workshop selection.
Grade Level Expectations (GLEs)
The content of all education programs at The Magic House aligns with the state academic standards outlined by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The GLEs satisfied by each program are noted below the program description.
Missouri has joined 44 other states nationwide to integrate the Common Core Standards for Language Arts and Math into K-12 curriculum. Where appropriate, activities reinforcing the CC Standards are noted below the program description.
Free field trips, outreach programs and other learning opportunities are available on a first-come, first-served basis to qualifying schools and organizations through our Education Program Fund and donors to The Magic House. For information on obtaining a scholarship, contact the Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks to these generous donors who are ensuring that The Magic House’s education programs are available to all children:
• Albrecht Family Foundation
• Employees Community Fund of Boeing St. Louis
• Express Scripts Foundation
• Edward Chase Garvey Memorial Foundation
• Jordan Charitable Foundation
• MasterCard Worldwide
• Monsanto Fund
• PNC Foundation
• St. Louis Philanthropic Organization, Inc.
• St. Louis Service Bureau Foundation
• Trio Foundation of St. Louis
• Union Pacific Foundation
• U.S. Bancorp Foundation
• Wells Fargo Advisors