Education – General Information
Commitment to Education
Education is at the heart of The Magic House’s mission. The Museum offers a variety of hands-on experiences that encourage students of all ages to become 21st-century lifelong learners.
Reservations are required for all field trips, outreach programs and professional development workshops. For further information or to make a reservation, please contact the Education Department at email@example.com or call 314.288.2513.
School Field Trips
Students of all grade levels can participate in guided field trip tours at the Museum each year. The Museum’s educators, all certified teachers, facilitate experiences that support basic core academics as well as creative problem solving, communication and critical thinking
• Field trips are offered throughout the school year, Tuesday through Friday.
• They may also be scheduled on select Mondays during December, April and May.
• Regular field trip admission is $5.75 per person for students and adults.
• One teacher per classroom is admitted free of charge.
• A minimum of one adult chaperone is required for every five students.
The Magic House can come to you! More than 25,000 students every year participate in Magic House programs in their own schools, libraries, camps, hospitals and child-care facilities. Our own educators travel in the Museum’s vans to deliver hands-on learning right to your door!
• Outreach programs are offered throughout the year, including summer.
• Rates are determined by the program selection and number of sessions presented.
Professional Development Workshops
Teachers can be students, too! The Magic House presents learning opportunities for educators that introduce Museum exhibits and programs, provide classroom resources and offer experiences for professional growth. Rates are determined by workshop selection.
School Family Nights
Schools are invited to host their next Family Night at our House! The Magic House offers hands-on learning and fun at a discounted rate ($500 for individual wings, $1,000 for the entire Museum) for school groups from 6:00 – 8:00 pm Sunday through Thursday. Family Nights can accommodate up to 500 visitors. Contact our Special Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your event.
The content of all education programs at The Magic House aligns with the national and state academic standards identified in the Common Core Standards for Language Arts and Math (CC); the Next Generation Science Standards (NGS); the Grade Level Expectations outlined by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (GLE); and the Missouri Early Learning Standards (MEL), as noted in program descriptions.
Free field trips, outreach programs and other learning opportunities are available on a first-come, first-served basis to qualifying schools and organizations through our Education Program Fund and donors to The Magic House. For information on obtaining a scholarship, contact the Education Department at email@example.com. Thanks to these generous donors who are ensuring that The Magic House’s education programs are available to all children:
• Albrecht Family Foundation
• The Dana Brown Charitable Trust, U.S. Bank, Trustee
• Cooper Industries
• Employees Community Fund of Boeing St. Louis
• Express Scripts Foundation
• Edward Chase Garvey Memorial Foundation
• Mrs. Myron Glassberg*
• John R. Goodall Charitable Trust
• Graybar Foundation
• Mary Ranken Jordan and Ettie A. Jordan Charitable Foundation
• Harvey Kornblum Foundation
• MasterCard Worldwide
• St. Louis Service Bureau Foundation
• Union Pacific Foundation
• Wells Fargo Advisors